Loop Scissors: Lightweight, self-opening scissor with a continuous molded plastic flexible loop. Left handed item #C7341L
Benbow Scissors: With these small, vinyl coated, finger holes, shorter overall length, and a real cutting edge, control is increased.
Shark Grip: Using the “shark-like” Write Right pencil grip to develop a mature and efficient dynamic tripod grasp is as easy as, “pinch the eyes, cover the mouth and wrap your fingers around the tail.” These design features act as visual cues to aid in proper finger placement.
Long Handle Self Opening Scissor: This scissor combines the added control of the long molded plastic finger opening with the greater ease of a self-opening mechanism.
Grip Tech Pencil: This thick-leaded mechanical pencil has been molded for lefty or righty tripod finger placement, so no additional pencil grip is needed. Thick lead resists breaking.
Happy Left Handers Day
Saturday August 13th is Left Handers Day! Being a lefty isn't always easy- here are some tips to help them out!
- When writing tip the left corner of the paper up to allow a natural writing position for the arm.
- Also teach a left handed writer to place the paper on the left side of their body so they can see what they are writing.
- Most worksheets have the sample on the left hand side, which would be covered by a left hand. When asking them to copy try to have the model in front of or to the right so they can see what they are copying.
- When cutting make sure they are cutting in a clockwise rotation instead of a right handed counterclockwise rotation. What's the difference between right and left handed scissors?
The actual construction of the scissor is different. On right handed scissors, the blades are placed so the blade on the left side goes down when cutting. This allows the user to see the inside edge of the blade as it hits the cutting line and follow the blade as it closes to the tip.. Lefty scissors are constructed to allow the same viewing by having the left blade always go up. Confused? Try it. Yes. a sharp scissor will snip when used in either hand, but learning to cut with scissors is a challenge. So let's give our lefty's the same experiences we give right handers, remove obstacles and avoid bad habits from even forming by using the proper scissors.
-Some left handers may be bothered by the rings in notebooks and binders, why not flip it around? Just draw a line down the paper to make a margin.
Did You Know?
- Tom Cruise, Whoopi Goldberg, Paul McCartney, Oprah Winfrey, Justin Bieber, Celine Dion, Jennifer Lawrence, Brad Pitt, and Angelina Jolie all have dominant left hands.
- Left handed people make up 5-10% of the population.
- According to tradition, an itchy left hand indicates you will lose money. An itchy right hand indicates you will receive money.
It's Left Handers Day- Why Not Try Being A Lefty?
Playing a game? Drawing a picture? Building blocks? Having a catch? Why not try doing it left handed in honor of Left Handers Day?
Have a group relay race, balance a small ball on a spoon and race to hand it off to the next runner. You have to use your left hand to hold the spoon!
Can you complete a maze, connect the dots, or color in a picture left handed?
Can you cut out a picture, use a hole puncher, or stapler using your left hand?
20% off any left handed product! Order before Wednesday 8/17/16 at midnight. Available only on orders placed within contiguous U.S.
Use coupon code "Lefty16"
You're receiving this because you subscribed or placed an order with Pocket Full of Therapy. We will NEVER share or sell your info.