The cute as can be red silicone mittens on the ends of this new tong make it easy to pick up larger and more slippery items like blocks or marbles or ping pong balls! While the wide span of the sturdy metal legs makes it a more resistive tool and great for building hand and finger strength.
Helping Hands Tool Kit
This colorful set of 4 high quality plastic tools makes working on fine motor control and hand skills a breeze for the younger child. Set includes one each of the; small Gator Grabber Tweezers: Handy Scoopers/Bug Tong; Twisty Droppers where you squeeze the bulb to push an air stream out of the twisted tube; Squeezy Tweezers which acts like a smaller, less restive version of our Trap
Not Just A Pair Of Tongs!
Whether your children are in preschool or older there are so many tasks you can do with a simple pair of tongs to help strengthen those hand muscles.
1. Use your tongs to eat!! You can use tongs to pick up your cereal, chicken nuggets, french fries, or most other foods. Incorporate tongs into breakfast, lunch or dinner. Try our zoo sticks!
2. Play board games, using your tongs to pick up the pieces ad move around the board.
3. Pick up cotton balls and pom poms- how many can you put in a cup or basket in one minute?
4. Scavenger hunt: Make a list of items small enough to pick up with tongs. How many items can your students find around the room? Remember you have to pick them up with tongs not your hands!
5. Sensory Bucket Dig: In a lage bucket filled with rice or dry beans, hide items such as beads, pom poms, and small toys.
6. Make your tongs into a paintbrush: Grasp some cottonballs with your tongs, dip in paint and spread on paper.
7. Tong Relay Race: Set up a relay course, have your students pick up a small ball or plastic egg, run through the course and hand off the tongs to the next student. Remember you can't drop what is in the tongs or you have to start over!
8. Make your own tongs: All you need is a clothespin and a set of wooden chopstix. Glue one chopstick to each side of the clothespin And now you have tongs with resistance to increase hand strength.
You're receiving this because you subscribed or placed an order with Pocket Full of Therapy. We will NEVER share or sell your info.