Cheerio towers on a larger scale! This set of 44 wooden beads comes with 5 wooden rods and sequnece cards. Beads come in 7 shapes and 6 colors, all contained in a wooden tray with plexiglass cover. Item # E1763
Not your ordinary stringing bead. This set of 48 beads come in four categories; transportation (cars, boats,etc), safari animals (tigers, elephants...), marine life and pets. Item # B9922
These sticks are rigid and have an end cap to hold while placing beads over the tip. Bead stringing now becomes an activity acceptable by young and old (try jewelry type beads). Great for bilateral coordination, range of motion, upper extremity stability and in-hand manipulation. Easier to work with than typical laces that flop. Will work with most standard size beads. 2 sticks to a pack.
Thank you Pinterest Friends!
Check our boards for other activity ideas!
Cheerios Don't Have to be Just for Breakfast!
All you need for these fun fine motor activities is a box of Cheerios and some simple supplies.
1. Let's count and make a Cheerio Tower: You will need Cheerios, play dough and a thin chop stick. Place a ball of play dough on the table and stick the chop stick in it, so it is standing up. Now carefully place the Cheerios on the chop stick. How high can you go?
- Instead of a chop stick, use an uncooked piece of spaghetti or string them on a licorice string.
2. Cheerio Bird Feeder: You will need Cheerios and a pipe cleaner. Bend the end of the pipe cleaner, so your Cheerios do not fall off. Then string the Cheerios on the pipe cleaner until filled up!
- Hang it outisde for the birds to feast on! You can also dip the Cheerios in peanut butter or almond butter to attract the birds!
3. Sort and Count: You need your Cheerios and an empty egg carton. Write numbers on each space of the egg carton, count your Cheerios and fill up each space. Do this before making your Cheerio tower, then take your Cheerios from the egg carton and place on your stick.
- Don't forget your tongs and tweezers! Use your tongs to pick up and place Cheerios in any of these activities. !
Also use Fruit Loops too! You can use them in all the above activities but also can work on patterns and sequences (1 red, 2 yellow, 1 green...)
** Let's not waste food - Please try to gather up all cereal pieces and share them with pets, birds, squirrels, ducks, etc. But Please be careful that no inedible materials get included by mistake! ***
Cheerio Bird Feeder
Sort and Count
This Week's Special:
Enter code: 25off1 to receive 25% off your highest priced item!
($40 min order; expires midnight 3/29/15; qty 1; 1x per address please)
*Please "Share" & re-post for Friends to enjoy!
Compiled by Lisa Walker OTR
You're receiving this because you subscribed or placed an order with Pocket Full of Therapy. We will NEVER share or sell your info.